Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I've been online searching for a ring. The Mother's Day after we lost Charlotte, my mom and my sisters gave me a tiny birthstone ring with an amethyst. It was gold and perfect and I wore it on a sterling silver chain. About 6 months ago, I lost the necklace. I've been searching for it, but I fear it's gone forever. I can't tell you how sick it makes me feel. It was the only thing I had that day. The day I was supposed to be celebrating being a mom- I was given a keepsake to remember my baby. I can't find anything to "replace" it. I want it back. I want to go back and snatch it up and lock it away so it doesn't get lost. Since I cannot so that, I'm searching for another ring. Nothing looks right. But I'll keep looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment