Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sophia had a fever for 5 days. But it's been gone since 1am, so we're thinking it's going going gone. It was scary high (103) but the doctor said it's a viral thing and wouldn't respond to antibiotics. I haven't slept in 4 nights. She actually ate tonight, so hopefully we'll get some sleep.
So here's the story...
Sept. 30, 2009- we signed the closing papers on our first house. Long story short, the previous owner flooded it the night before we got our keys. We got stuck with a lot of repairs. Luckily we have AMAZING family and friends that helped. A year later, it's finally feeling like home.
Sept. 30, 2010- Mike's company announces that they are selling the part of the company he works with (along with his mom, his sister [who bought a house last week] and several hundred other people with families). Nov. 1 they will announce their "plans" and will give the employees a 30 day notice. Basically, by Nov. 30 it is likely Mike will be out of a job. And yes, he carries the health insurance that is paying for his cancer treatment. It scares the hell out of me because there are so many people looking for jobs now. So many people living on unemployment. So many people without health insurance. We cannot be those people. We don't have a plan right now because we do not know what it going to happen. If some employees will be able to get jobs with the new company (we know that not all of them will). I've told my boss that I will be taking on more hours in the coming weeks. But not right now. Right now we're trying to breathe.
I'm trying to figure out how in the hell to get brave enough to sell my hair accessories online (etsy.com, probably). I don't know where my inferiority complex concerning my products comes from. It's cute stuff. I sell it cheap. What's the problem?
Anyway.. It's been in the mid to high 80s all week. Not cool (haha). It's October, for freaking sake. The 3T long-sleeved Halloween shirts I bought on clearance last year are just sitting in Sophia's closet, waiting for the weather to turn normal. It will probably just start snowing next week. Frick.

No comments:

Post a Comment