Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

There are big, dark clouds coming out over the mountains. I didn't know there was supposed to be a storm this week. All of our windows are open. And if that isn't a metaphor for our lives the past 6 months...
We're sitting at the chemo clinic. Mike is trying to take a nap. It's so busy and full and annoying here that he might just be pretending. I don't blame him. My butt is numb from this crappy chair. Someone sat right next to us so I'm stuck out in the aisle, trying to fold myself up to not be in the way. There are 6 empty chairs that are not "this close" to someone. And she's loud. Loud. Anyway, everyone is hooked up their poison, so there's no moving now.
Mike's creatinine levels are high. 2.4, which I think is the highest they've been since he was in the hospital. So they decided not to give him any Oxaliplatin at all today. Which is not a good thing. This FOLFOX treatment has been shown to kick colon cancer's ass. But if he's not getting one of the major components of it, is it doing any good at all?
I hate coming here and seeing other young people. I wont lie, it's hard seeing anyone in here. Even older people. But people in their 20s and 30s? It makes me mad. And this weather isn't helping.

No comments:

Post a Comment