Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I would really like to do better than 4 posts a month. It's not like I don't have the time. In fact, right now we're sitting in the chemo clinic- and have been for 2 hours. I've been reading magazines (1 paragraph at a time because I have very little in the way of an attention span here). But on the other hand, I don't have much to say. Mike's kidneys are doing better so they're doing the 125mg of Oxaliplatin again. His BP is still up though. I asked his doctor about the fact that he's doing "too well" as far as feeling okay vs. side effects. Does it mean this treatment isn't working? Of course not. Dr. Chandramouli said that some people have asked him very seriously if he was giving them Koolaid instead of chemo. But after the year we've had, it would not surprise me in the least if something in the lab got mixed up every time we came in and he was getting saline. Nitin said that isn't happening.
Flu season is coming fast. Sophia is getting her shot tomorrow. Mike probably Friday. I need to call my doctor and go in for mine. Yay.
It's a nice day. It rained last night so the world smelled clean this morning. The clouds are moving in and out and it's heating up, so it's humid. We're sitting by the window today. The clinic has their Halloween decorations up and it makes me feel lazy. Mine are still in Dea's garage. I guess we should go clean them out so they can have their space back.
I'm hungry. I want chinese food. Or indian. Mmmmm, chicken tikka masala....

No comments:

Post a Comment