Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I just spent over an hour in the garage, cleaning. I filled both the trash, and recycle bins. It looks worse now. I told Mike that the garage will be cleaned out by the end of the weekend, so we can start parking both cars in there. I don't think I realized how much crap we have had sitting in there since we moved in (10 1/2 months ago..) I threw away a lot. Including gift bags that I've been holding onto since Charlotte's baby showers. I know, realistically, that I can't hold on to stuff just because it reminds me of her. But it's hard letting go of things that remind me of when she lived inside of me, of when she kicked and danced, and gave us such hope and joy. But paper bags are not my baby, so I let them go. 3 1/2 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment