Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I took an extra crazy pill today. I've been having a very hard time with my emotions the past few days. I'm all over the place. But mostly I'm sad and I'm angry. And because I am sad and angry, I have a very short fuse with Sophia, who can tell that mommy is easily bothered. She's playing the "I don't have to listen to you" game again. Luckily, Mike has a lot of patience. And he knows I'm crazy lately.
I know it's not just pms. I know it's not just the changing seasons. I keep thinking about Charlotte. And about Laura. The past week, I keep getting confused, and thinking Laura is still alive. Let's just say it doesn't make for a happy moment when I remember that she's gone.
Dragonfly season is almost over. Maybe that's part of why my crazy brain is so full of damp cotton.
Mike's oncologist sent us up to the hospital after chemo today (which Mike is officially 1/2 done with, btw) to get his wrist looked at, set, and casted. To find out if he needs pins and surgery- which is apparently a huge deal if you have cancer. Dr. Chandramouli pulled out some favors and got us in. But of course when we got to the hospital with the xrays (that I made a trip home for while Mike was hooked up to the chemo crap) they told us we didn't have an appointment until Friday afternoon. Mike told the girl 3 times that his oncologist had set it up and we were supposed to be there today. No go, she said.
We got home and ran some errands and Mike looked at his phone which had a voicemail. It was the idiot girl from the Orthopedic Center telling us, oops- she made a mistake. Please come back before 4:00 today. Of course, by the time we got the message, it was 4:00. So he'll go in Friday at 4:00. This is the way our year has been. Wrong turns and detours. Hopefully my extra dose of Celexa will help me through the next pothole or 10. We know they're coming. It's like this roadtrip never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment