Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today has really been an off day for me. I've felt as though I was under water. Everything seemed blurry and muffled. It's strange what it takes to make that go away.
It started with a 20 minute listen to Glenn Beck. I have always found him entertaining, and most of the time I find him frightening. He speaks in a way that grabs you by the throat. All of his rants on politics I normally listen to with only one ear. I think it's all (mostly) true, but I can't concentrate on the world falling apart right now. I just can't. I have to focus on rainbows just to keep sane. But today he started telling a story and got sidetracked. He began talking about how he tries to be a good man and lead a good, decent life. And how We ALL need to begin to stop being the people we've let ourselves become and start being the people we truly are. How we need to be better people who are WORTHY of the blessings we have. That really hit me. I am a good person. I am flawed, and I will never be perfect. But I am good. But I need to be better in order to really show how thankful I am for what I have. He said we need to stop doing the things that destroy us and our families. I know he was talking of much bigger things, but I know that there are simple things that I can do, and I will start today. i want to be worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment