Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Monday, January 10, 2011

My husband doesn't have cancer anymore.
That's the official word from his oncologist. We went to the hospital today and they removed his portacath. Other than check ups, he's done.
I think I'm still stunned by the news. I really expected bad news. The doctor had to tell us 3 or 4 times before we believed him.
I feel like I should have more to say, but it's just not coming tonight. It's been a long day (at the hospital) and some snarky bitches have undone my good mood. Maybe because I'm tired. Maybe because now that Mike's clear I'm an easy target again. Either way, I have been reduced to exhausted tears and worry. I know that part of my mood has to do with my amazing friend being in the hospital because of the nasty flu. I want nothing more right now than to fly to Philadelphia and keep her company. I guess I feel like running away.

No comments:

Post a Comment