Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

We got some good news today. The baby is growing like crazy. He has more than caught up to his original EDD. The cord position doesn't seem to be affecting him at all. He moves more often now, but is still sneaky some days. The ultrasound showed him with his head under my right ribs, and his feet in his face. I know his feet will be slamming down on my bladder for the rest of the day, because that's my boy.
We also got some not amazing news. 4 weeks ago we were told that his right kidney was "slightly dilated." This is fairly common (1 in 100), especially in boys, from what I learned on Google. We were waiting to find out today if the dilation had gone away. It has not. It has actually increased. From what I gather, between talking to the u/s tech and my OB, we probably wont do anything about it until he is born. then he will need an u/s to find out if there is a blockage. He will then probably need surgery to fix it. As scary as this sounds, we are not overly concerned. We can't do anything about it right now. We can wait and we can see what happens. We can pray and we can prepare for his arrival. That's all. I feel like his kidney issues will be fine. Either they will resolve themselves, or our boy will need surgery upon arrival. Either way, we will get through this. My OB said she will be calling a high-risk OB for advice. Until then, we wait. We're also waiting for my glucose scores. Maybe this weekend we will buy the gray paint for the nursery. I have less than 10 weeks to go. 3 weeks from now, we will schedule my c-section, and we will have a countdown date.

No comments:

Post a Comment