Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Thursday, November 3, 2011


For all of October, I ignored this blog.
I had a lot to say, but I didn't say it.
October 15 we did the Walk to Remember (although to be honest, we didn't walk. We hung out and waited for the walk to be over so we could release balloons and go home.)
The other day, Sophia saw a balloon tied to a real estate sign. She said, "That balloon is floating up to Jesus." I told her that we let the balloons go up to the babies who live in heaven with Jesus.
This is Sophia with Charlotte's balloon.
She was playing with her grandpa and another balloon when Charlotte's name was read. I let go of the balloon. A few minutes later she asked where her sister's balloon was, and I told her I let it go. She cried. Mostly because I didn't let her let it go. I wonder how many years it will be before she understands any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment