Living with the loss of stillbirth and learning to live in the sunshine of our new normal.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My house smells like Christmas trees. We bought ours tonight. We'll let it fall out and decorate tomorrow night. It's a great tree. It's hard to believe it's been a year since our first Christmas in this house. We had no furniture in our front room. Now it's loaded with toys, a couch, a rocking chair, a rocking elephant, a mini piano.. It's been quite a year.
Sophia slept in her room last night. 100% in her room. It was a rough night for the two of us. She wanted to be with Mike and I and I wanted to sleep. When she stretches out on her mattress, she's got about 4" before her feet hit the edge. Oish. My baby needs a twin size bed. She is so big and so amazing and so.. two. It's going to be hard to put away the crib (it's a crib that transitions to a toddler and then full size bed) But her room wont accommodate a full size. So we'll pack the crib away. The one we set up for our Charlotte, and left up for a lonely, terrifying year while I was pregnant with Sophia.
I'm trying to step down from my Celexa, but that's a story for another night.

1 comment:

  1. Yea for Sophia sleeping in her bed. HUGS momma. I know the transition out of the crib will be hard on you. Praying and sending you loads of hugs from Texas

    ReplyDelete